A roof-like structure that is extended over to provide shelter from sunlight, rain, and wind is called an awning. These constructions are attached to the building on the surface.
There are various types of awnings and they're named based on the areas of use and its capabilities. Out of the numerous, the awnings that are ultimately utilized for providing shade to the patio are called patio awnings.
Image Source: Google
Reasons for using shade awnings from the patio area:
1. It's extremely tough to walk outside on a hot patio and the installation of shade awnings will surely solve this problem.
2. As already pointed out, patios are outdoor spaces, so they generally become quite popular as the temperature rises.
3. Shade awnings, when used in the terrace area, serves as an extra roof during a rainstorm.
4. On installation, it protects the furniture set in the patio area and it enriches the worth of your property.
5. Shade awnings are highly energy efficient since quite a low amount of power is needed to run them. It may be retractable or fixed, but every one of them has its advantages.
When you go to a store to purchase awnings, take into consideration the material where it has been made out because material plays an essential part in determining the durability of the awnings. So before making out any purchase, it is much better to think about all the possible choices.