Many parents do not have enough time to take care of the dental health of their children. They know they want to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, etc., but inadequate knowledge of dental care means that they do not always know the best way to do it.
The sad thing is most of the parents do not know when they want to start dental preventive care. Excellent dental care starts before the first tooth of a baby appears.
Image Source: Google
How to care for your children
1. Even before your baby starts teething. After each meal cleans your baby's teeth with wet cotton or damp washcloth.
2. Once your baby teeth brushing with a toothbrush for baby. Use water and a little fluoride toothpaste that has the seal of acceptance from the Dental Association. If you use a baby toothpaste without fluoride, keep the same amount you always want to minimize any toothpaste that is swallowed.
3. After touching your baby's teeth, you can begin flossing them. It removes plaque between teeth where the toothbrush can not reach.
4. By age 2, your child should be trained to pin while brushing. Avoid giving your child water to swish and spit because that could swallow most likely toothpaste.
5. Children aged 3 and above should only use a pea-size amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
6. Always supervise your children under 6 while brushing because they are more likely to swallow toothpaste.